SEWING: Practicing Kick Pleats


This was my first time sewing kick pleats and I honestly always thought they were called vents or splits but I guess different sewing techniques can have more than one name. Kick pleat is more fun to say out loud. Anyhoo, check out the video if you want to peep my kick pleat sewing process! And see a little more info below:

KICK PLEAT = (vent or split, usually found in skirts and jackets)

TAILOR'S TACK = a basting stitch taken with a double thread through two pieces of fabric and then cut apart with large loops being left in each piece for marking seam lines and perforations.